Thursday, October 24, 2013

More Progress

A little bit more progress today. The low poly is sitting at about 7000 tris now and did some more with textures.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Another day...

Another day, another project it always seems.

One of the paintovers for the hair.

An earlier test bake inside Marmoset Toolbag.
(Full Resolution)

Like I have for a lot of the sculpts I've been practicing I've been using this basemesh to start.
You can find it at the Polycount wiki (
It's an altered version of arshlevon's basemesh that includes a nose and ears.

 This character is part of an idea I had for an animation ages ago. It involved a world spread catastrophe leaving many higher forms of technology damaged and obsolete, a society on the brink of collapse trying to hold together the remnants of their old society, and strange other-worldly creatures that travel between planes of existence and steal faces in an attempt to end their own torment.

Monday, September 23, 2013


This originally started off as a one hour sculpt and I didn't think I'd go further than that, but I figured I could use some practice with poly painting and baking.

Textures were done in Zbrush with poly painting, and then cleaned up a little bit in Photoshop. Rendered in Marmoset. The bust sits at 1,432 tris, textured were authored at 4k and scaled down to 2k.

Friday, September 20, 2013


Here's an update from last night as well as tonight. Didn't get as much done as I wanted to today because of my awesome sleep schedule has left me tired and more tired.

Anyways, just realized I haven't posted anything about this guy at all. Started with a new base mesh.

Included is a rough paint over of what more I need to block out still.

Added in some more stuff.