Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Canyon House


Spent half of my day trying to quickly put together this scene for a friend. He needed some meshes for an OpenGL assignment or something, I volunteered to make one on short notice.

There's a few things I'll probably change. Most of the shadows are just softly baked into the diffuse, and I'd like to add a little bit more contact shadows between objects to help.

This was rendered in Marmoset, diffuse only, and about 1000 tris total for the scene. Below is the initial sketch of the scene.

1 comment:

  1. You know what I like about the internet? How you can log on to look at one thing, and then through countless clicks and misadventures, stumble upon a surprise as pleasant as this.

    I don't know much about art (and even less about 3D art), but I would be telling a massive lie if I said I didn't like what I see. Fantastic stuff, indeed.

    Also? That first picture up there looks like something out of Team Fortress 2. Which, in my book, is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete